[Kamailio-Users] CDRTool and Prepaid

Matteo D'Amato matteo at ecosma.com
Mon Sep 1 00:02:13 CEST 2008

Thanks Iñaki for your suggestion. After reading the documentation at the
site you mentioned below I now understand that the "external call control
module" that is discussed in "/doc/PREPAID.txt" of CDRTool is a modified
freeradius radius server which is "able to connect on the CDRTool prepaid
engine through TCP API and implement a basic prepaid level for calls passing
through OpenSER" and it is able to send "information back to OpenSER through
the recommended way of SIP-AVP. The avps received will be available in
openser as: callMaxDur and credit, where callMaxDur is the maximum duration
the user is allowed to be connected with the destination and credit
represents the amount of credit available at starting of the call"

Now going back to my question about this module that is able to  "maintain
call status and terminate calls by sending BYEs to both SIP end-points" this
means that once the "callMaxDur" and "credit " information is sent back from
freeradius to OpenSER, OpenSER is the one "sending BYEs to both SIP
end-points". How can I make OpenSER do this? How can OpenSER use the
callMaxDur information sent in the SIP-AVP pair to terminate a call with a
BYE after X amount of minutes?

--Matteo