[Serusers] SER without any fork(), It is possible?

Samuel Ayet San Andres saaysa at teleco.upv.es
Fri Oct 24 11:00:17 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I´m trying to use SER (SIP Express Router) in a linux enbedded system with
uClinux. In my enbedded processor i dont have any MMU so it cant fork(), it
uses vfork() that is a cousin of fork but diferent because qhen father vfork a
child, stops until the child make execve() or exit. When I run SER on my
embedded plataform in a debug mode it shows me:

ERROR: main_loop can´t fork();

Then I try to chage all forks for vfork() but it still not working due to the
childs never make execve().

And after the explain of the context, here is the question: can I run SER
without any child? Can I run SER without making any fork? I mean that only ONE
process (witout deamonize) will run alone. I don´t need to manage more than 1
call...I only want to have one process listening to ONE IP.

I have try to change the configuration of the ser 'ser.cfg' asi show:

fork=no
childrens=0

But still without working and i´m not sure if this is the right way to run SER
without forking...

Thank you for you support.

Samuel.