[Serusers] About a SIP load balancing document involving SER

Martin Hoffmann hn at nvnc.de
Wed Oct 15 08:13:15 CEST 2008

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> So in conclusion we are speaking about an IP based load balancer, and not
> about a SIP load balancer. Also we are playing with IP level exotic technics
> (various hosts sharing the same IP).
> So the above scenario would be valid for any UDP protocol, not just SIP.

The load balancer does need to be aware of SIP. For this to work, it
needs to send all requests for a transaction to the same proxy. If the
proxies are session-aware, it even needs to send all requests for a
dialog to the same proxy.

But you are right, this device is not a SIP element. Which in a way is,
why I like it ;)

Regards,
Martin