[Serusers] How can I keep SER from changing reply Response Code from 503 to 500?

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Mon Oct 13 10:05:43 CEST 2008

On Oct 12, 2008 at 12:18, Frank Durda IV <frank.durda at hypercube-llc.com> wrote:

[...]
> Meanwhile, back to the original problem I have of making SER emit
> a 503 or having to dump SER:  Someone else pointed out that
> sl_reply wasn't appropriate where I suggested I could used it,
> will try t_reply().   If that is still overridden by the SER
> internals as well (and I was really hoping someone here would
> save me time by saying if the internal rule could not be
> defeated via the config file but no one has come forward on
> that point),  then I have no choice then to make another
> round of changes to the SER source code, or buy a turnkey
> box and throw SER away.

If you want to override the final reply sent by ser, you have to catch
it in the failure route and send a new reply in its place (if you send a
reply " by hand" in the failure route, its value won't be fixed by ser
final reply processing code)  e.g.:

failure_route[0]{
    if (t_check_status("503")){
        t_reply("503", "Keeping 503 because I don't like the rfc");
        return;
     }
    /* ... */
}

There are other ways to do it, but I think this is the shortest one.

Andrei