[Kamailio-Users] [OpenSIPS-Users] Dimensioning a telephony system based on openser!

Nuno Marques yangsengopenser at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 11:49:29 CET 2008

Hi everyone again,

  To make a point on this subject, and try to resume all that was said:

  1º If i need a real VoIP system were billing is made by second (as it is
in all the mobile providers) i need to have full control of the media - then
it's necessary to implement mediaproxy (or other media relay) to accomplish
accurate billing and get all the call information;

   2º If the system doesn't need to have the accurate billing system, and
doesn't matter if the call duration is 1 minute or 1,5 minute - for example
a service that is paid monthly independently of the calls made by the user -
i don't need to use mediaproxy in all calls, only in the NATed ones;

  I think that's what i can resume of all that was said.
  My problem now is to dimensioning this system to accomplish something like
having 100 calls simultaneously (lets say all with mediaproxy - the "worst"
case).
  Mark Sayer said that is system is based on Asterisk and he can accomplish
200 calls simultaneously.
  Can anyone give more ideas in this matter?

  Thanks and regards

   Nuno