[Kamailio-Users] [dispatcher] configure the sending of OPTIONS pings

Pascal Maugeri pascal.maugeri at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 17:00:18 CEST 2008

Hi

How do you configure dispatcher to send OPTIONS ping to load-balanced
proxies ?

I'm using kamailio 1.4.2 with this of configuration:

[...]
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_ping_method", "OPTIONS")
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_ping_interval", 5)
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_ping_from",
"sip:fend1 at 10.132.184.33<sip%3Afend1 at 10.132.184.33>
")
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_probing_threshhold", 3)
[...]

The load-balancing works properly : I see the traffic being sent to my
proxies. But I don't see any SIP OPTIONS packets.

I've read in module doc "This method is only available, if compiled with the
probing of failed gateways enabled. " but I can't find how to activate this
on compilation time, so I'm not sure if I have this feature or not enable.

Regards,
Pascal