[Kamailio-Users] Architecture with load-balancing (dispatcher module)

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Oct 23 16:33:05 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Pascal Maugeri
<pascal.maugeri at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Any "frontal application-level switch" would simply have the same
>> liability.
>
> right.
>>
>> Kamailio is a very high-throughput proxy that can handle huge amounts of
>> call setups per second.  I think you can count on that.
>
> Yes but you may need to use the power of all your load-balancer nodes. I
> believe we can expect 10K transactions/seconds on a single load-balancer
> node, but if you need to handle more traffic, load balancer node may be a
> bottleneck.

I am doing between 4-5K simultaneous transactions (100-150 calls per
second) on a Xeon quad core @3.20GHz and the overal cpu load is under
5%.  I don't think that your load-balancer node will be a bottleneck.
You just need a properly tunned config file.