[Kamailio-Users] UUID column in usr_preferences - How unique does it need to be?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 17:52:59 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 10/20/08 15:06, Graham Wooden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> By looking at the indexes set for the table usr_preferences, it
> appears that UUID is going to be unique against the attribute column.
> So if user A has a attribute of custom_parameter_Z and user B has the
> same attribute, then both UUIDs need to be different, right?
> UUID can really be anything right? Its set to VARCHAR(64), so heck - a
> MD5 checksum against say a epoch timestamp would be fine.
> I just want to confirm how unique each row (in respects to the UUID)
> it needs to be.

the idea behind uuid is to offer a way to store attributes per an
arbitrary ID.

There are two options to store the attributes:
- per username (and domain)
- per ID

A constraint of unique (uuid,attribute) is not right, as there could be
many values for same attribute belonging to same UUID.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com