[Kamailio-Users] Dynamic profile creation for dialog module.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Oct 16 02:55:29 CEST 2008

Hello,

It'd be really nice to have a way to create profiles used by the dialog
module dynamically, ideally in script but MI would work too.

The problem is that I am using many different profiles to keep track of
the number of open dialogs for a lot of different call formulas, some of
whose existence should be user-configurable.  But these profiles have to
be defined statically as having values using the dialog module's
parameter "profiles_with_value," because I do use pseudovariable values
with them.

Now, of course, one can simply use one or more big profiles and
construct pseudovariable values based on what needs to be profiled, e.g.

    "$rU:bigblend"

But whereas the profiles are matched to tracked dialogs using a hash,
the values are linearly compared using memcmp() in
modules/dialog/dlg_profile.c:is_dlg_in_profile().  So, there is a speed
penalty in doing this.

Cheers,

-- Alex

--