[Kamailio-Users] what is the best solution NAT problem

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Mon Oct 13 13:10:50 CEST 2008

On Sunday 12 October 2008 22:43:16 Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Domingo, 12 de Octubre de 2008, Ricky Gutierrez escribió:
> > (192.168.10.1) LAN-eth1- Server Openser eth0-WAN (192.168.1.64)<-> NAT
> > <-> ADSL dyndns <-> Internet <-> ADSL <-> NAT <-> UAC
> >
> > All my external clients are also behind an ADSL with address private ip
> > and my server openser, I don't have ip it public but register a domain
> > with dyndns and it configures it in my router adsl, I have access from
> > out to my server through dyndns.
>
> OpenSer behind a NAT router with dynamic IP? It's really an annoying
> scenario.

Simply it's a "Never will work" scenario

> Note that when the INVITE/200/(ACK) comes from the LAN 192.168.10.X and
> goes through OpenSer, you must replace the media IP in the SDP and the IP
> in "Contact" with the **public** IP of the LAN router, that is a dynamic IP
> and AFAIK it's not valid to set a domain in the SDP.
>
> And when he INVITE/200/(ACK) comes from Internet and goes through OpenSer,
> you must replace the media IP in the SDP and IP in "Contact" with the eth1
> IP of RtpProxy (19.168.10.1).
>
> Also, you need the SIP ports and RtpProxy media ports redirected in the
> router to the RtpProxy server.

Will never work, when use_mediaproxy() is called, IP's will be changed with
the current IP of the rtpproxy, so no matther now many ports you redirect, it
will never works.

> Anyway, this scenario is not appropiate for a businnes service.

Not only that, it's a no-working one ... no matter if businnes of experimental
or testing scenario ...

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual S.L.