[Kamailio-Users] LCR to Carrierroute with DNS/SRV Support

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 18:43:44 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 10/02/08 15:51, Krom wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am/will be a newbie to 1.3.x and beyond and have a question
> regarding a new requirement of two of my upstream providers.  We have
> been running 1.1.1-notls since it was released.  We have been in the
> mindset of, "if it's not broken, don't fix it".  But our upstream
> providers are now telling us to move to DNS/SRV for signaling outbound
> - for good reason.
>
> We have been using LCR for carrier/gateway selection and for URI
> manipulation prior to relaying to a cluster of session boarder
> controllers.  As you know the DB table for LCR only supports integers
> in the gw table for ip_addr.  I have been reading up on 1.2.x and
> 1.3.x to upgrade to a solution that would allow us to stay within the
> same call processing (script) design, but still support the new
> upstream requirement.  I noticed the carrierroute table rewrite_host
> column is string.  Could this be used to satisfy my needs of
> manipulating the URI for an IP where the carrier still uses a list of
> gateway IP's to try and use the DNS/SRV domain name where the carrier
> requires the use for SRV look-up?  The session boarder controllers
> will conduct the SRV look-up after receiving the relayed message from
> Kamailio, it is just getting the domain name on the URI instead of IP
> address that I am looking to accomplish.  Will the carrierroute module
> assist in this effort or is there another way that I am totally
> missing?
>
> Figured I would ask the gurus before following Alice down the rabbit hole.

every request that leaves kamailio/openser is relayed based on SRV
lookup, if it has a domain name in R-URI. I believe carrierroute does
not cache the IP addresses for destination at startup, so you will get
the domain name in the R-URI -- the developer of carrierroute module
will confirm anyhow, be patient a bit, he is offline for few days.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com