[Kamailio-Users] using "substr()" function from TEXTOPS in "onreply_route" block

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 11:39:06 CET 2008

On 11/26/08 23:25, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 26 de Noviembre de 2008, Alex R.S.M escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone has used "substr()" function from TEXTOPS in
>> "onreply_route" block. This function works fine in "route" and
>> "branch_route" blocks. However, it creates duplicate fields (instead of
>> substituting) when being used in "onreply_route" blocks.
>>
>> I need to modify FROM field in "onreply_route" block. As far as I know,
>> "uac_replace_from()" function works only in request_route block, so my only
>> option is to use "substr()".
>>

> "uac_replace_from()" replaces the From downstream cally restores it when a
> reply arrives, before forwarding it upstream (to the caller).
> You don't need to use "uac_replace_from()" in onreply_route.

be sure parameter from_restore_mode is set to auto:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.4.x/uac.html#id2454160

> Also, I already realized that "uac_replace_from()" can't be used two times
> during the same transaction since it creates duplicate value, but this occurs
> also when using it twice in request_route block.

can be used after transaction has been created several times, for
example in branch_route -- so you have different From in case of many
destinations.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com