[Kamailio-Users] Port of kamailio to OpenBSD

Don Jackson openser-users at clark-communications.com
Sat Nov 22 17:38:47 CET 2008

On Nov 20, 2008, at 2:07 AM, Henning Westerholt wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 November 2008, Don Jackson wrote:
>> I have motivated the creation of a port of kamailio to OpenBSD, the
>> port creates binary packages, which can then be added via the pkg_add
>> command.
>>
>> I could definitely use input and testing of this port from the
>> kamailio community, if you are interested in running kamailio on
>> OpenBSD, I could use your help!
>>
>> We also needed to create a port of radiusclient to support kamailio.
>>
>> Both ports are attached to the messages appended below.
>
> Hello Don,
>
> thank you for providing this! We've also some packaging file related
> openbsd in our tree, in "packaging/openbsd". I don't know how the
> status of
> this files is, do you used some part of them? Do you think it makes
> sense to
> import your port to our tree?

I don't believe we used the existing files in your tree, last time I
checked they seemed outdated/incomplete.

I believe the new port is very complete.  There may be a couple of
modules that are not supported, but I think
all the important modules are supported.

I would welcome having them imported into your tree.

The ideal scenario for me is that this port would be revised for each
release of Kamailio, to make it easy for
us OpenBSD users to install and use it.

I'd be happy to help out with this if needed.

Best regards,

Don