[Kamailio-Users] "408 - Request timeout" instead of "503" problem.

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Fri Nov 21 17:15:02 CET 2008

Hello List.

I have the next situation.  I'm trying to build a "LCR" but using the
information from a Radius Server, so 'im using the  avp_radius module to
obtain the "next_gw" data from my DB.

So far so good, I have been able to retry a failed call with the next
gateway in the list. In my tests I'm using a list of 3 gateways and I'm
seeing the next behavior  : I have all the gateways off-line, so the
call is redirected to the first, second and and finally to the third
gateway, when there is no moer gateways to try I have this statement in
my config file :

if( there is gateways to try on the list... ) {

route(1);

} else {

                sl_send_reply("503", "No more DB routes");

                exit;

}

I send the "503 - No more DB routes" but the Kamailio also send a "408
Request Timeout".

What could this be happening?  I even tried with just one gateway on the
list, with the same results.  I was expecting just the "503" message,
and not the "408".

Hope that someone could help me.

I'm attaching my kamailio-snnipet.cfg file and a full debug with the
behavior.

Thanks!

Ricardo Martinez