[Kamailio-Users] Using rewritehost to multiple hosts

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:39:33 CET 2008

Hello,

On 11/19/08 23:14, Sven Schulz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to do this? I’d like to use rewritehost to point
> to multiple IP addresses (for redundancy purposes). Can this be done
> with rewritehost or some other method?

if I understand correctly, one solution is to use DNS, You add several
SRV records for a hostname, with different priorities. IIRC, RFC3263
explains more.

Alternative is to do serial forking in configuration file, using
failure_route. You load the list of IP addresses in AVPs, send to first
one, if time outs/fails, then send to next one, a.s.o.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com