[Kamailio-Users] [Fwd: [SR-Dev] git repository online]

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 09:18:24 CET 2008

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[SR-Dev] git repository online
Date: 	Tue, 18 Nov 2008 02:18:34 +0100
From: 	Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul <andrei at iptel.org>
To: 	sr-dev at lists.sip-router.org

As you probably have noticed the git repository for sip-router is now
online.
It was started from ser core and tm.

git urls:

git://git.sip-router.org/sip-router
(read only)

http://git.sip-router.org/sip-router
(read only, slower, git://... recomended)

ssh://git.sip-router.org/sip-router
(read write but account on git.sip-router.org needed)

Web interface: http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi

Branches acl: the repository is setup so that you can write/commit
 only to the following branches:

<your_username>/.*
tmp/.*
master

We'll add access to more branches as needed (I've added this rules to
 avoid creating lots of "root" branches by mistake, e.g. git pull
 from a local branch without a refspec).

Please create the commit messages following the git convention
(start with one short line, preferably less then 50 chars summarizing
the changes, then one empty line and then a more detailed description).
See:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html#creating-good-commit-messages
http://www.tpope.net/node/106

Quick git introduction:

# clone the repo into the sip-router directory
git clone git://git.sip-router.org/sip-router
cd sip-router
git branch -a   # show all branches

# create a local branch based on origin/andrei/mod_f_params
git checkout --track -b my_branch origin/andrei/mod_f_params

git log # see commit log
git log --pretty=oneline # only the first line from each commit

vim Makefile.defs

git add Makefile.defs
git commit  # or git commmit -a to skip the add step and commit all
            # changed files

# push changes back (note you need ssh access for this)

# note: the next command will fail, unless your username is andrei :-)
# publish changes on the local "my_branc" to the remote
# andrei/mod_f_params
git push origin my_branch:andrei/mod_f_params

# or push them into the master branch if you are sure about them
git push origin my_branch:master

For more info about git try:
http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitDocumentation

and if you want to know how it works:
http://eagain.net/articles/git-for-computer-scientists/
(highly recommended)

CVS access:
CVS_SERVER="git cvsserver" cvs \
            -d :ext:andrei at git.sip-router.org/sip-router co master
(instead of master you can use any other branch name that doesn't
include a '/')

The initial checkout takes a while, but after that cvs update seems fast
enough.

SVN access: unfortunately we do not have it. It looks like the
git svnserver is in the project stage (there is some python code but not
 runnable yet). There is a way around it, but it would be quite complex
 to setup: a git to svn gateway and then svn to git imports.

Other repositories on git.sip-router.org:
ser - entire ser updated from cvs
ser_core - only ser_core, automatically updated from cvs, read-only
test - test repository, contains an early sip-router version, it has the
        same access rules as sip-router (if you have something you want
        to test, please use it rather then trying directly on
        sip-router).

Special thanks go to Jan, who not only did setup git.sip-router.org
(including automatic cvs sync for some of the repos), but he's also
hosting it on one of his private machines.

Andrei

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com