[Kamailio-Users] Proxy IAX ?

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Mon Nov 3 20:12:15 CET 2008

On Nov 3, 2008, at 12:27 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> IAX is a pseudo-protocol designed by his author just to become "cool".
> First of all, IAX doesn't separe signalling and media, instead both go
> together via the same UDP flow.
> IAX is not a professional protocol and it's just used to
> interconnect two
> Asterisk (that can be interconnected also with SIP, of course). IAX
> makes no
> sense in this world.

Compared to H.323 SIP is cobbled together by a couple of monkeys who
only knew how to speak HTTP and had heard of a planet in a galaxy far,
far away called Telefonis where people talked to each other using tin
cans.

Calling protocol names is not productive. Separating media from the
signaling might theoretically by a "correct" concept, in practice
there's much to be said for combining them. Every time I hear someone
call anything "not professional" I get the feeling it must be
something very good because this person feels threatened by it and the
net result of that statement is the opposite -)

--
Andreas Sikkema