[Serusers] Presence-rule handling in SER2.0

pravin.swami at wipro.com pravin.swami at wipro.com
Thu May 29 14:20:57 CEST 2008

Dear All,

	We are having problems with presence-rules handling of SER 2.0
Presence Server.

	+------+              +----------+              +------+
	|      |              | Presence |              |      |
	| UE1  |--------------|  Server  |--------------| UE2  |
	|      |              |   (PS)   |              |      |
	+------+              +----------+              +------+

1. UE1 & UE2 subscribe to "watcher-info".
2. UE1 SUBSCRIBEs to UE2's "presence" information.
3. PS sends info winfo-NOTIFY to UE2 (with UE1 status as pending).
4. UE2 fetches its presence-rules.xml document(from path
/var/simulated-xcap-root/pres-rules/users/UE2/presence-rules.xml)
5. UE2 updates presence-rules.xml by adding UE1 into ALLOWLIST section &
PUTs the document back to PS.
6. User changes presence status at UE2. UE2 sends PUBLISH request to PS.

At this stage, PS should trigger presence NOTIFY to UE1. This isn't
happening.
(Another thing we observe is: Everytime watcher subscription is
refreshed, UE2 receives NOTIFY with UE1 status as pending)

Are we missing something in the above callflow?
Should UE2 send any SIP/HTTP request after HTTP PUT presence-rules.xml ?
Are we missing something when building presence-rules.xml ?

We have modified the ser.cfg for presence authorization as per ser
presence Handbook.
	modparam("pa", "auth", "xcap")
	modparam("xcap", "xcap_root", "http://localhost/xcap-root")

Should I make any more changes to ser.cfg

We have attached the ser.cfg & presence-rules.xml file that we are
using.

Please help us in solving this problem.

Regards,
-Pravin