[Serusers] ser/sems question

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.com
Wed May 21 22:44:36 CEST 2008

Hello,

o Steven C. Blair [05/20/08 20:13]:

> I’ve been away from SEMS for a few years. II hear the new version of
> SEMS makes an excellent conference server. Does anyone happen to know if
> I can install SEMS on a standalone Linux machine and interface it, via
> SIP, to a SER 0.9.7-pre3 proxy server?

yes, you can use it now with any SIP proxy thanks to its own SIP stack.

I'd recommend you the pretty fresh SEMS 1.0 RC1 which is available for
download at http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/sems/sems-1.0.0-rc1.tar.gz
(debian package here:
http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/sems/testing/sems_1.0.0-rc1_i386.deb ).

For a mere conference bridge, load conference application, sipctrl
application (sip stack), and codec modules to taste (wav, speex, ilbc,
gsm, adpcm, l16). Needed modification to the default config file would
be the following in sems.conf:
load_plugins=conference;sipctrl;wav;ilbc;gsm;adpcm;l16;speex
application=conference
listen=...
sip_port=...

hth
Stefan Sayer

> Thanks,steve
>

> Senior Network Engineer,
> Information Systems and Computing
> Networking and Telecommunications , Suite 221A /6228
> University of Pennsylvania
> Voice:215-573-8396
> FAX:215-898-9348

Stefan Sayer