[OpenSER-Users] BYE not relaying properly

Ruchir Brahmbhatt ruchir.brahmbhatt at ecosmob.com
Tue May 27 20:45:28 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I have OpenSER 1.2.3(previously it was 1.2.1 but installed latest
version to make sure that it is not an OpenSER bug) configured and
running for following features:

      * Registrar
      * Proxy
      * Media proxy for NAT traversal
      * LCR module for PSTN termination
      * SEMS for voicemail
      * Multi-leg accounting with Radiator radius
      * Call forwarding using user_preferences

I'm having one really strange issue. My OpenSER is configured to listen
on particular IP address say 1.2.3.4. I've added alias for the domain
name say voip.domain.com.
User agent register to OpenSER using voip.domain.com as a proxy. They
can call each other & pstn. I'm using Media Proxy for handling media in
case of clients behind NAT. Audio & signaling seems to be working fine
in case of internal and pstn calling.

I have configured call forwarding unconditional, no answer & busy. In
case of unconditional call forwarding, audio and signaling works fine.
But when I test call forwarding on no answer or busy, audio is proper
but signaling doesn't work properly. Specially BYE. Here is my setup:

      * 3 users configured; 1000, 2000 & 3000.
      * 2000 has no answer forwarding to pstn number.
      * 3000 has busy forwarding to 2000

If 1000 calls 2000 and 2000 doesn't pickup the phone in 30
seconds(configured using fr_inv_timer param of tm module), the pstn
number is pushed in request uri and request is sent to gateway for pstn
termination.
Audio works fine. If caller(1000) hangs up, the callee is hung up
properly. However if callee (pstn number) hangs up the call, the caller
doesn't receive the BYE message and hence stays connected. Media Proxy
session is closed properly but in OpenSER, BYE request is not sent to
caller but keeps looping in OpenSER instead.
I have several doubts about this issue. One thing is that the pstn
gateway is sending BYE to OpenSER IP address instead of domain name. I
know this kind of problem can occur if we haven't configured alias
parameter properly. Reference:
http://www.openser.org/mos/view/-OpenSER-Installation-Notes/ (Section 4.
Troubleshooting)
I have added ip and domain in domain table as well but still no change.

I've been facing this issue since several days and still not able to
solve. I've done many OpenSER setups but having such issue for the first
time. I've compared the OpenSER config file to my older setups but it
seems proper.
Can anyone please guide me in correct direction?

Thanks,
Ruchir Brahmbhatt