[OpenSER-Users] [OpenSER-Devel] [RFC] - siptrace change

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu May 15 16:10:47 CEST 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> > Yes, it is. I have to add a rr param and keep tracing it from the
> > script. Also I need to encode the user I'm tracing somehow in the
> > record route, so I can set the avp with the user for in-dialog
> > requests later. If one wants to use this for legal interception, this
> > is unacceptable as hints about the user being traced will leak into
> > the SIP messages. If you only want to trace some calls for debugging
> > purposes, then it can be done but it is still cumbersome and very
> > "manual".
>
> I'm not referring to dialog tracing, but to setting siptracing only for
> certain cases (and not for all calls).

Yes, but if you want to trace all requests that belong to a dialog then
you have to connect the dots, since siptrace is not dialog aware. When
one logs everything it doesn't matter, but when one only wants to log
certain users, then you have to keep track of the dialog yourself in the
script.

> Hmm...that will be an idea - If I remember correctly, setting siptrace
> user will override the global tracing flag.

That's correct. If the global tracing flag is not set, but the user avp is
set it will do per user tracing.

--
Dan