[OpenSER-Users] Problem PUA_USRLOC, Presence acc. REGISTER/INVITE

Anca Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Thu May 22 12:16:14 CEST 2008

Hello,

Indeed pua_usrloc reacts only to Register message.
There are a lot of possibilities add that functionality for Invite and
Bye. In short, you need to:
-  first  parse the Invite or Bye message to extract the destination and
the source of the call
-  then,  get from database table 'presentity' used by the presence
server, the current E-TAG value used for the publications for the
respective user
- and finally construct the PUBLISH message and send it to the presence
server

Of course that one option is to write a module for OpenSER. It is in
fact quite easy, probably the easiest way. The module will use as a
engine the 'pua' module, as all pua_* modules use. The pua module
exports a function 'send_publish' that receives as a parameter a
structure with the necessary informations. It also stores all the
current E-TAGS locally, so there is no need to worry about that either
and to query a remote database. Then, you can use the functions from
core to parse the INVITE message and extract info. You can use as an
example the pua modules for linkage with pua module, my recommendation
is pua_mi because it is the simplest.

regards,
Anca