[Serusers] rtpproxy - voice problem

dim_hatzi dim_hatzi at yahoo.gr
Fri Jun 20 13:45:51 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I have managed (finally) to build a Sip proxy server for my studies, using
SER 0.9.6 , with MySQL support , but I am facing a problem. Everything works
fine with the softphones I use, exept the voice.The registration works fine,
the IM works fine, but when a user is trying to speak to the other,
something is wrong(only in my local network, without NAT, the voice
communication is working).

My laptop, in which I have installed SER , is behind a router.(My ser.cfg
supports Nathelper module).

1)Should I connect it directly with public ip ?

2)I tried to use rtpproxy, but I am a little bit confused. Can I install it
in the same machine ? What are the parameters of rtpproxy ?

I have attached my ser.cfg

Any help will be appreciated

Dimitris - Greece