[Serusers] xlite registration error 500 : Server Internal error

John G. Rose johnrose at polyplexic.com
Sun Jun 15 16:15:47 CEST 2008

I had a similar issue (on OpenSUSE 10.3 but different error message) and
then found this link.

(try it later it seems the iptel.org site is temporarily down)

http://www.iptel.org/faq/why_does_my_mysql_5_0_x_connection_time_out_when_us
ing_ser_0_9_x

There is a MySQL connection timeout issue. I would see the connection go
away and not reconnect if SER 0.9.7 was idle overnight running MySQL 5.0.45.
Originally I fixed it by cranking up the connection timeout settings in
MySQL but that is not the best way to fix it. SER 2.0 claims this issue is
corrected but I'm not doing SER 2.0 yet.

John