[Serusers] Problems compiling on Solaris 10 x86

Ben Poon solarisnewb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 16:14:02 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I would like to try out SER in my network, but am running into problems with
compiling it.  I running Solaris 10 x86 32bit, with MySQL 5.0.51 installed
and running.  I've installed all the pre-reqs listed in the INSTALL file,
using make 3.81, and gcc 3.4.6.

But when I try to compile using: make group_include="standard" all, I
get make error:

Assembler: udomain.c
        "/var/tmp//cczTJdew.s", line 3006 : Illegal mnemonic
        Near line: "    ffreep  %st(0)"
        "/var/tmp//cczTJdew.s", line 3006 : Syntax error
        Near line: "    ffreep  %st(0)"
make[1]: *** [udomain.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/programs/ser-2.0.0-rc1/modules/usrloc'

I tried googling and looking at the mail list archives but couldn't find
much info...

Can someone please give me a hand?  Very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben