[Serusers] smart stund

Thu Jun 5 16:30:23 CEST 2008

Pezhman Lali schrieb:
> Dear,
> some sip-phones behind the symmetric nat, can not be
> registered, if the ip of stun server was filled ,in
> the setting of sip-phone.

1. why not?

2. This is probably a bug in the SIP phone. the SIP phone should detect
(by means of STUN) that it is behind sym. NAT and should not try to do
NAT traversal by itself.

3. Nevertheless, if the SIP client sends REGISTER requests (even with
wrongly assumed public IP addresses:port) you can fix this by applying
NAT traversal in the proxy.

regards
klaus