[OpenSER-Users] Sip phone not registered

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Mon Jun 30 18:33:07 CEST 2008

eliass S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using openser 1.3, and I can't register my sip phones even if i've configured them. I've precised (as the SIP Server)the IP address of the computer where openser is installed, but nothing. I don't know if I've to add something in the config file of openser.
> Further more I've the following warning when I launch openser:
> openser: WARNING:core:fix_socket_list: could not rev. resolve 192.168.10.2
>
> where 192.168.10.2 is the IP address of the computer where openser is installed, so thje address of my the SIP Server.

Put an xlog statement at the top of the main route block - then eyeball
your syslog to see if that xlog happens or not. If so, you know the
packets are getting into openser for processing.

Also, you should do a SIP trace at the network level to see what, if any
packets are being returned by OpenSER.

A wild guess is that openser is sending either Too many Hops or Loop
detected and your just not seeing it since you are not looking for it  :)

Jeremy McNamara