[OpenSER-Users] Playing RTP Session

Chaitanya V.N.S schaitanya.v at pyronetworks.com
Tue Jun 24 16:29:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

    I got no replay for that. I have even put that question in rtpproxy
form but no response.

I have appended the header (PCMA or PCMU) to that file using a java
program and tried to play that file . It is playing but  the audio
quality is very bad.

Java code that I wrote to apped header

import java.io.ByteArrayInputStream;
import java.io.File;
import java.io.FileInputStream;
import javax.sound.sampled.AudioFormat;
import javax.sound.sampled.AudioInputStream;
import javax.sound.sampled.AudioSystem;
import javax.sound.sampled.AudioFileFormat.Type;

/**
 *
 * @author chaitanya
 */
public class AudioFileWriter {
    public static void main(String args[])
    {

    File file1 = new File("/home/chaitanya/Desktop/a.rtp"); //RTP file
recorded by rtp proxy
    File file = new File("/home/chaitanya/Desktop/a.wav");//Out put wave
file
    AudioFormat af=new AudioFormat(new
AudioFormat.Encoding("ULAW"),8000,8,1,4,8000,false); // ULAW or ALAW
what ever u r using and there respective bit rates

        int length;
        try{
                AudioInputStream ais=new AudioInputStream(new
FileInputStream(file1),af,AudioSystem.NOT_SPECIFIED);

                //ByteArrayInputStream bais=new
ByteArrayInputStream(b,0,b.length);
                Type afft=new Type("WAVE","WAV");

                AudioSystem.write(ais,afft,file);
        }
        catch(Exception e){
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

    }

}

You can try this.

If you find any other solution please let me know.

regards,
Chaitu