[OpenSER-Users] session timer behavior (sst)

William Quan wiquan at employees.org
Thu Jun 19 23:30:25 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I have a simple (SIP Session Timer) sst call where 'Session-Expires'
header (SE ) is present in the INVITE but not in the 200 OK constructed
at the UAC. This indicates UAS does not support sst.

1.
According to the spec (RFC4028), the stateful proxy remembers that SE
was in the request, and adds the SE header to the 200OK, but fails to
add the Require header (its not initially present either).
Is there a way to modify the config to add a 'Require' header to a
response when the session expires header was inserted by sst ?

2.
Similarly in the mid-call 'refresh' txn, the addition of the SE header
to the response does not work for me (v1.3.2).
Shouldn't it automatically insert the SE header into the 200, like it
did during call setup?
When the SE is absent in the response the sst feature is thereafter
disabled right?

-will