[OpenSER-Users] Proxy Cache Register

Julien mangeard julien.mangeard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 12:16:50 CEST 2008

Hi Henning,

>may i ask why do you want to implement something like this? If your UAs
only
>register to often or with a too short interval, just reply 423 with a
>sensible Min-Expires or 503 with a Retry-Later.

My registrar isn't an Openser. It haven't these type of features.
A possible solution was to share the location database of my registrar with
my Openser server.
Unfortunately, I can't do that.

> Its also possible to configure the usrloc module to use a internal cache,
so
> that REGISTERs could be served from it, and no DB lookup should be
necessary.

The function 'save' can be used only from REQUEST_ROUTE.

My topology :  UA <-> Openser Proxy <-> Registrar

1- My UA sends a REGISTER request.
2- Openser relays the REGISTER to my Registrar.
3- The Registrar answers with a challenge.
4- Openser relays the Challenge to my UA.
5- The UA sends a new REGISTER request with the challenge response.
6- Openser relays the REGISTER to my Registrar. (At this moment, I don't
known if the challenge response is OK. I can't cache the REGISTER.)
7- The registrar sends a response to my Openser. (At this moment, I known if
the UA is REGISTER or not, but I can't call the "save" function.)

Do you see other solutions ?

--
Julien Mangeard