[OpenSER-Users] Deploying Openser in HA

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat Jun 14 10:27:48 CEST 2008

mark morreny writes:

 > Thank you for your reply.  May I ask how to test whether openser is
 > alive?  Specifically, what tool do you use?

i use sipsak.  latest monit beta is also capable of testing openser
using sip (at least in a simple way).

 > If you are also using ldirector, is it
 > possible to share with me your ldirecor.cf configuration?  I am having a bit
 > of difficulty getting it to work.

i don't use ldirector and don't even know what it is, but if it is a
load balancer that you want to front end your opensers with, then you
have to make sure that it itself is not a single point of failure.

and if your loadbalancer routes sip requests rather that ip requests,
then you need to monitor the loadbalancer using sip requests.  checking
that loadbalancer answers to pings or that the loadbalancer process is
alive is not enough.

now i guess you start to see how complicated things really get.

-- juha