[OpenSER-Users] Lost BYEs and Carriers

Jesus Rodriguez jesusr at voztele.com
Thu Jun 12 17:50:24 CEST 2008

Hola David,

> Then...
>
>      Excuse my asking: What IS the point of doing accounting with
> openser, if it will never be accurate?

The implementation of different "keepalive" methods like Session
Timers, OPTIONS in-dialog, stop receiving RTP (some gateways like
Cisco AS5xxx have an option to send a BYE if RTP is not received after
some specific time period), etc.

Yes, SIP was not designed keeping accounting in mind :-/

Saludos
JesusR.

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Jesus Rodriguez
> <jesusr at voztele.com> wrote:
> Hola David,
>

>     Now I got a question: I understand that sometimes, when a UAC
> droppes out of the internet, a BYE message will be lost. But, if I
> were to use Openser as a Carrier switch, this is NOT supposed to
> happen, right? as all VoIP Carriers MUST be on the internet
> permanently.
>
> Any thoughts?
>

> Yes. Some times things break, internet connectivity is lost,
> backbone loops happen, etc, etc...
>

> Saludos
> JesusR.
>
> ------------------------------------