[OpenSER-Users] Radius accounting and Dialog

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Thu Jun 12 14:22:18 CEST 2008

El Thursday 12 June 2008 14:06:22 David Villasmil escribió:

> Regarding this, I know we could simply use the Dialog module to store al
> dialogs on the dialog table, and use an external script to end the dialog

How knows the external script where to generate the BYE?

> On the other hand, Bogdan says it should work. Even if not ALL UACs do sent
> the in-dialog-keep-alive, most of the should, as most adhere to RFCs. We
> should try to get this working as it would solve not only mine, but a lot
> of people's problems of calls dropped that can't be properly rated.

Why not use SessiontTimers (RFC 4028) ?
99% of phones replies 200 to a re-INVITE.

> I'm writing to the users list because I'm NOT that well versed on TM and
> DIALOG's inner workings, and really wouldn't know where to start. Though
> I'll start investigating on this.... Anyone wants to help?

The problem is that you are addressing the problem in a privative way while
there are RFC's and techniques for that. For your proposal using Session
Timers should be the best option, but you need a UAS sending the re-INVITE's
(at last one of both endpoinds). OpenSer cannot send it since it is a proxy
so a B2BUA or gateway should doit.
IMHO you are addressing the problem in the wrong place (but it could work of
course).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es