[OpenSER-Users] First route in Route header not being removed

Robert Dyck rob.dyck at telus.net
Wed Jun 11 21:23:27 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Robert Dyck writes:
>  > Do I have this right? Loose_route return FALSE if there is no Route
>  > header or if the Route header was a preloaded route, otherwise it
>  > returns 1.
>
> check rr module's README.  what is important to me is that loose_route()
> returns true if there is one or more route headers and the topmost one
> is not for the proxy itself.
>
> -- juha

You asked the question "if proxy removes
automatically the first uri for itself, how do i know that it was
removed?". Loose_route will not tell us this. After loose_route the topmost
URI will never match the proxy but we do not know if loose_route removed an
original topmost URI. Loose_route could be enhanced to give four return
codes -- no route header present, pre-loaded URI removed ( no To tag ),
in-dialogue URI removed, route header was present but topmost URI did not
match.

Anyway, I do not want to turn this into a religous argument. I can certainly
put an extra loose_route into the script to catch the pre-loaded case.

The example scripts could be changed to catch this case as well so that an
Openser noobie does not have a mysterious looping problem.