[OpenSER-Users] About xmpp-sip interoperability.

Gaoqiang Qian gqian at cc.hut.fi
Mon Jun 9 17:03:10 CEST 2008

Hi,
Thank you very much for replying, yes the handshake between sip and
xmpp server was established. And I got some logs when I send a
"subsribe" message from gqian at ovi.com(on Pidgin XMPP client) to
address tcc11*sip.rcs.demo at rcs.allatum.wipsl.com  as below:

Jun  9 17:54:46 ims /home/openser/openser1.2.3/sbin/openser[18844]:
xmpp: server read [<presence from='gaqian at ovi.com'
to='tcc11*sip.rcs.demo at rcs.allatum.wipsl.com'
type='subscribe'><status>I would like to add you to my
roster.</status></presence>]
Jun  9 17:54:46 ims /home/openser/openser1.2.3/sbin/openser[18844]:
xmpp: stream callback: 1: presence
Jun  9 17:56:06 ims /home/openser/openser1.2.3/sbin/openser[18821]:
PRESENCE: msg_watchers_clean:cleaning pending subscriptions
Jun  9 17:56:06 ims /home/openser/openser1.2.3/sbin/openser[18821]:
PRESENCE: msg_active_watchers_clean:cleaning expired watcher information

But nothing more and on the sip client X-lite side, I didn't get any message.

So now I still have two questions:
1. Is Having openser 1.2.3 module "mysql , presence, xmpp" enough to
setup the sip gateway to a remote ejabber server? Or should I try
"mysql, presence, pua, pua_xmpp" modules?
2. What sip and xmpp client should be used to test?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Br
Gaoqiang

--