[OpenSER-Users] About xmpp-sip interoperability.

Gaoqiang Qian gqian at cc.hut.fi
Thu Jun 5 15:22:46 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I have setup and configured my Openser with mysql, presence, xmpp, pua
modules. The server was startup fine. I setup the xmpp module as the
xmpp gateway as component module cuase I have another jabber server
running remotely.

The configuration of servers parameters is as below:

#---------------openser.cfg------------------
listen=udp:193.210.148.243:5060
alias=xmpp.rcs.demo
modparam("xmpp", "domain_separator", "*")
modparam("xmpp", "gateway_domain", "xmpp.rcs.demo")//added to etc/hosts file
modparam("xmpp", "xmpp_domain", "rcs.allatum.wipsl.com")//added to
etc/hosts file
modparam("xmpp", "xmpp_host", "allatum.wipsl.com")
modparam("xmpp", "backend", "component")
#--------------------------------------------

Now I want to test the interoperability of XMPP gateway of openser, so
I use sip client (X-lite) and a XMPP client. I use sip and xmpp
account to successfully register in the sip and XMPP client:
sip account: sip:test at 193.210.148.244
xmpp acount: gqian at allatum.wipsl.com

But what destination address should I use to add to both of the client
to test the interoperability? I failed at below address added
according to the xmpp module document.

At SIP client I add Contact address:
sip:gqian*allatum.wipsl.com at xmpp.rcs.demo

At XMPP client:
test*193.210.148.244 at rcs.allatum.wipsl.com

Does anyone has this testing experience and give me some hints how
should I add the contacts in both client to let them talk to each
other? I am now really heading the wall.

Thanks a lot in advance.

BR,
Gaoqiang

--