[Serusers] Fw: SIP SER-Help me

Martin Hoffmann hn at nvnc.de
Fri Jul 25 23:15:56 CEST 2008

vu nt wrote:

> My system is running Ser-0.8.6.  The system have problem :
> Jul 15 13:50:36 SIP-1 ser[32727]: ERROR: build_req_buf_from_sip_req: out of memory
>
> But when I monitor by top command on Linux system, the Ram is not out off.

SER is using its own memory pool. It just grabs a predefined amount of
memory upon its start and goes with that. In earlier releases, the
amount was configured a wee bit low.

Unfortunately, you can only mend this by re-compiling SER. Set the
value behind

   #define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE

in config.h accordingly. The current versions have

   #define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 4*1024*1024

ie., 4 MByte. That should be enough. But if you keep having problems,
increase it further.

HTH and Best regards,
Martin