[OpenSER-Users] How to controle minutes per user ?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jul 28 02:13:48 CEST 2008

Thiago Rondon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm with a server openser running smoothly.
>
> - Users are authenticating. (MySQL)
> - I succeeded in redirecting the calls to my "supplier" voip.
>
> But I can not control the number of minutes that each user can use,
> that is, I would like to organize users by groups to say:
>
> -- Group A users can make connections/calls up to 2 minutes.
> -- Group B users can make connections/calls up to 3 minutes.

You would need some way of tracking call state (perhaps via the dialog
module, or otherwise a home-spun solution involving state logging) and
having an outside SIP UAC issue a BYE for calls of certain categories
after a certain period of time.

OpenSER is not call-stateful and has no awareness of calls.  It is also
a proxy, not a UAC, so it cannot actually originate any new call legs or
requests;  it is entirely event-driven in that it acts solely on behalf
of various endpoints.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems