[OpenSER-Users] Mediaproxy 2.0 Installation

john brown illusion2reality at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 14:34:25 CEST 2008

Hello, I'm trying to test Mediaproxy 2.0 however the documentation seems
vague in the following

- Can I test this on Debian Etch kernel version 2.6.18 ?

- The documentation says it cannot be used in combination with any version
of OpenSER older than 1.4. The current stable version of OpenSER available
is 1.3.2. do I have to run Mediaproxy 2.0 on an unstable    version of
OpenSER ?

- Also it reads on the documentation:  To display the history of the media
streams CDRTool 6.5 or higher is required but only 6.4.1 is available on the
download site.

- What is the procedure to install Mediaproxy 2.0 once you download it ?
I'm not familiar with Python  and the documentation mainly  talks about the
requiremnts but there is no  explanation on how to install it.
   I copied config.ini.sample to config.ini and edited config.ini, copied
debian/mediaproxy-dispatcher.init to /etc/init.d/mediaproxy-dispatcher. Then
I tried running media-dispatcher but I got the following error:

host.locahosts# /etc/init.d/mediaproxy-dispatcher start

Starting MediaProxy dispatcher: media-dispatcherTraceback (most recent call
last):
  File "/usr/bin/media-dispatcher", line 12, in ?
    from application.process import process, ProcessError
ImportError: No module named application.process
 already running.

Thanks
John