[OpenSER-Users] Limiting maximum number of concurrent calls

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Jul 17 23:59:41 CEST 2008

El Jueves, 17 de Julio de 2008, Rana Dhekial escribió:
> Hi,
>
> We are running openeser version 1.2.2. Currently we have defined 3 groups
> of subscribers. We have a requirement of limiting max number of concurrent
> calls per group. For example, 10 maximum number of  concurrent ( incoming
> /outgoing ) calls for subscribers belonging to group 1. How do we go about
> it. Any sample config will be appreciated.

OpenSer is a stateful proxy, not a call-stateful. This is: OpenSer knows about
SIP transactions but not about SIP dialogs (calls), so there is no an
ellegant way to know the number of current dialogs.

Also note that a dialog could start through OpenSer (first INVITE) and
continue out of OpenSer (if OpenSer doesn't add "Record-Route" headers).

Anyway there is "dialog" module that can help with it but AFAIK it is much
complete in 1.3.X version.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo