[OpenSER-Users] using voipswitch as media server

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:42:50 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 07/07/08 12:30, Tushar wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I am looking for this type of solution-
>

>   UDP + RTP	 |--------|	  UDP	  |------| UDP + RTP
> UA-----------| Openser|---------|      |------------UA
>              |--------|         |client|
>                   | UDP         |      |
>                   |             |Server|
> 		 |--------|   RTP   |      |
> 		 | VoipSwi|---------|      |
>              |--------|         |------|
>
> I am confused how to configure OpenSer so it can communicate with voipswitch
>
> If I install RTPProxy and On the SER machine add the following line to
> openser.cfg
>
> modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_sock", "udp:voipswitch IPAddr:12345").
>
> Will it help me out?

the communication done via rtpproxy_sock is a proprietary protocol
specified and implemented by the developer of nathelper module and
rtpproxy application. I do not know what is your voipswitch, but I doubt
it knows this protocol unless it uses the rtpproxy inside.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com