[OpenSER-Users] Help with snmpstats setup

jmagder jmagder at somanetworks.com
Thu Jul 3 15:35:48 CEST 2008

Hello Mayamatakeshi,

The error is from snmpget.  It is basically saying that it doesn't know
how to translate the openserSIPEntityType into a numerical OID.  There
are two possibilities for this error.

Firstly, have you copied the MIB files (OPENSER-MIB, OPENSER-REG-MIB,
OPENSER-SIP-COMMON-MIB, OPENSER-SIP-SERVER-MIB) to the same location as
NetSNMP's other MIB files?  They are usually located in
/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs or /usr/share/snmp/mibs.  You can find which
directory your system is using with "locate SNMPv2-TC.txt". Also, make
sure your snmp.conf (not the snmpd.conf) file contains:

mibs +ALL

This instructs the snmp command line utilities (snmpget, snmpwalk,
etc.), to load all MIB files before trying to convert between
openserSIPEntityType and its numerical OID equivalent.

Let me know if that works!

- Jeffrey Magder