[OpenSER-Users] Help with snmpstats setup

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:23:03 CEST 2008

It seems the doc page has an error.
It says to set this at snmpstats.conf:
agentXSocket tcp:localhost:705
And this when starting snmpd:
snmpd -f -Dagentx -x localhost:705 2>&1 | less

This will not work because snmpd will use udp by default.
So I added 'tcp:' before 'localhost' and after that, I could see some
messages like this:
agentx/master: handle pdu (req=0x68ab0cd4,trans=0x0,sess=0x7)
agentx/master: send response, stat 0 (req=0x68ab0cd4,trans=0x0,sess=0x7)
agentx_build: packet built okay

But after that, I'm still not able to get anything with snmpget:

snmpget -v2c -c public tcp:localhost:705 openserSIPEntityType.0
snmpget: Session abort failure (Sub-id not found: (top) ->
openserSIPEntityType)