[OpenSER-Users] Call transfer

Jan ONDREJ (SAL) ondrejj at salstar.sk
Wed Jan 30 22:35:10 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 04:26:26PM -0500, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Jan ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 04:20:32PM -0500, Alex Balashov wrote:
>>> Do your phones actually support transfer via the REFER method, or by
>>> issuing 302 Moved Temporarily messages?
>>
>> I see "REFER" in sniffed packets (Polycom phones).
>
>   Gotcha.  So what do you want OpenSER to do with these?  Or perhaps a more
> useful question is, what are you doing with OpenSER?

We are using openser to route calls between our gateway, a PSTN gateway,
ENUM, etc...
Evrything worked fine before we tryed to transfer calls from phone to phone.
I want to add this feature to my VoIP site.

>   They are not going to be statefully proxied as they are a distinct
> method unto themselves, so they're going to require some sort of
> association with an existing call ID, which you can do via AVPs, a
> database, whatever.  But otherwise, just purely for routing them,
> rewrite the destination URI as necessary based on the REFER parameters.

Can you give me an example, how to do this? I still don't understand all
magics of AVPs.

An example configuration with call transfer support can be useful for other
users too, so it can be good to include it into openser distribution's
example configurations.

>   OpenSER is a proxy, so it shouldn't really be "handling" referrals,
> just passing them back to the user agent/server (UAC/UAS) that will
> ultimately be taking care of that.

It's not done by default config?

Somewhere I read, that REFER handling need to be supported in UACs only.
But why it is not working in standard configurations?

		SAL