[OpenSER-Users] mysql error shuts down openser 1.3

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Jan 18 13:50:26 CET 2008

On Thursday 17 January 2008, Christian Schlatter wrote:
> Hi Henning,
>
> I'll try to get a backtrace. Unfortunately it didn't generate a core
> dump the last time it happened, I guess because the openser user
> couldn't write to the openser working directory. Shouldn't a core be
> generated even if openser is run as non-root, at least as long as
> 'disable_core_dump' is off?

Hi Christian,

yes, a dump should be generated, as long as the server working directory (as
specified with parameter) is writable for this user, and the ulimits allows
it too. The ulimit is set if you enable coredumps in /etc/default/openser.

> The other thing is that I can't easily reproduce this problem. It looks
> like it only happens with mysql error 4009 (mysql cluster error), but
> not with e.g. error 2 (can't connect). Strange ...

Perhaps this error causes a SIG11 in the libmysql? This whole cluster stuff
don't seem that stable on errors sometimes, at least my short google research
suggest this. Normal driver errors don't causes this problems, i observed
this too.

Cheers,

Henning