[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER & RADIUS accounting with radiusclient-ng

Antun Mihalicek amihalicek at inge-mark.hr
Thu Jan 10 13:01:11 CET 2008

Hi!
I'm trying to enable  RADIUS accounting on OpenSER with the use of
radiusclient-ng, and using FreeRADIUS as radius server.
When I initiate or terminate a session on OpenSER, following error occurs:

Jan 10 12:21:58 [30155] ERROR:acc:acc_rad_request: radius-ing failed

I've been googling for this issue, and I've found out that some people
also had this error, but in their case RADIUS packet was sent to RADIUS
server but was rejected , but in my case it wasn't even sent to the
RADIUS server, as I saw from debug output on FreeRADIUS. As I've seen on
forums, people said that this kind of error means that something's wrong
with radiusclient-ng.  I've used radiusclient-ng 0.5.5 & 0.5.6, both
with same results. Did anyone had similar problem? Does radiusclient-ng
have some kind of log or something?
Thanks for your answer!

openser.conf:

#set module path
mpath="/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/"

/* uncomment next line for MySQL DB support */
#loadmodule "mysql.so"
loadmodule "sl.so"
loadmodule "tm.so"
loadmodule "rr.so"
loadmodule "maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "usrloc.so"
loadmodule "registrar.so"
loadmodule "textops.so"
loadmodule "mi_fifo.so"
loadmodule "uri_db.so"
loadmodule "uri.so"
loadmodule "xlog.so"
loadmodule "acc.so"
loadmodule "auth_radius.so"
loadmodule "auth.so"
loadmodule "group_radius.so"
loadmodule "avp_radius.so"
loadmodule "avpops.so"

# -- acc params --
modparam("acc", "radius_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "radius_missed_flag", 2)
modparam("acc", "log_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "log_missed_flag", 1)
modparam("acc", "service_type", 15)
#modparam("acc", "radius_extra", "Sip-Src-IP=$si;Sip-Src-Port=$sp")
modparam("acc|auth_radius|group_radius|avp_radius", "radius_config",
    "/usr/local/etc/radiusclient-ng/radiusclient.conf")

# -- group_radius params --
modparam("group_radius", "use_domain", 1)