[OpenSER-Users] [OT] Error in Rome VON material about OpenSer and Asterisk Realtime

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Tue Jan 8 12:45:48 CET 2008

Hi, just as curiosity I comment that there is an error (an Asterisk error in
fact) in the material of the Rome VON course of 2007:

In file "config/08-asterisk.conf" it appears:

  CREATE VIEW sipusers AS
    SELECT username as name,
    [...]
    domain as defaultip,
    domain as ipaddr,
    [...]
  FROM openser.subscriber;

There is a bug in case of SIP SRV domains because Asterisk doesn't perform a
SRV DNS query for the location of registerd users (just for outbound calls
if "srvlookup=yes") so if OpenSer has a SRV SIP domain "my_srv_domain.com"
but DNS type A of that domain points to a different IP then Asterisk will
fail (it will resolve to the A DNS entry).

A simple solution is to modify the view as follows:

  CREATE VIEW sipusers AS
    SELECT username as name,
    [...]
    __OpenSer_IP__ as defaultip,
    __OpenSer_IP__ as ipaddr,
    [...]
  FROM openser.subscriber;

Of course this is a bug in Asterisk since it should, according to RFC3261,
perform a SRV query for the location of registered users in case they are not
an IP.

Just it ;)

Regards.

--