[OpenSER-Users] # characters in URIs getting reformatted.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Jan 4 12:30:55 CET 2008

I am using OpenSER to front some Cisco AS5300s.  The way the trunk groups
on those are set up, a prefix of #755 is required to dial out, so I
transform the URI in OpenSER:

   $rU = "#755" + $rU;

The problem is, certain messages never get acknowledged because OpenSER
reformats the URI to use escaped sequences.  I am not sure if this is RFC
compliant.

For instance, a 200 OK comes from the media gateway, and the ACK that
OpenSER sends back has this for the URI scheme:

   ACK sip:%237557069999999 at ip.address:5060

This is in response to an initial INVITE to:

   sip:#7557069999999 at ip.address:5060

... what should I make of this?

Thanks!

--