[Serusers] SIP Express Bundle. Step 1.

Jai Rangi jprangi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:59:22 CET 2008

All,

This discussion can be endless if we keep planning about the features. Hey
how about this, hey this will be cool, I use that tool, we must have it and
list keeps going on.
I would say lets start working.
1. Take any version of OS.
2. Install all basic packages for a server edition.
3. Install and document the prereqs for ser (Source)+sems (source) +mysql
(RPM)+ serweb (Source)+serctl (source)+sipp (Source) +sipsak (Source/RPM).
4. To make it easy for every one, all these surces should with with the
defaults RPMs installed by the Linux version.
5. Make sure we installed everythign in /usr/local/ with a --prefix option
for all the packages. Another option can be add a user/group ser and
installed everything in ~ser/install directory.

Once we have this working, then we can go on the next items in the list.
Lots of things in the list are installed by Default

Once we have this, we can build the ks.cfg file with a post installation
script that will take care of step 3). There goes the testing phase and
rebuilding phase with additional packages.

My 2 cents.

-Jai