[Serusers] commercial help requested

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Feb 5 18:10:42 CET 2008

At 17:57 05/02/2008, Kenneth wrote:
>Jiri,
>
>Thanks for the quick response.
>
>It may be a bit more complicated than just the P-asserted header.

ok. Well  I don't have specific recommendation (we actually never needed
a SER support organization :-)) other than serdev if you need more intense
support.

>It seems that we do not have anyone that knows the SER, and we want to set it up as one of the elements in our network. The party we are sending to will not test before we can provide header copies containing the P-asserted header as follows:
>
>3.17    ANI (Calling Party Number) Delivery
>Following is a list of basic requirements regarding ANI Delivery:
>
>ANI / Calling Party Number delivery is per RFC3325 (P-Asserted-Id Header).
>XYZ Company will pass the ANI in the P-Asserted-Id Header or Remote Party ID (SIP Gateway only) header to the customer.
>The customer must send a valid ANI in the P-Asserted-Id or Remote Party ID (SIP Gateway only) to XYZ Company, otherwise the call will be blocked.
>
>Acceptable formats are as follows:
>
>P-Asserted-Identity: "John Doe" <sip:+17034633348 at 100.0.0.1;user=phone>
>P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:+17034633348 at 100.0.0.1;user=phone>
>P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:+17034633348 at 100.0.0.1>
>
>     Please attach a sample SIP trace to confirm P-Asserted ID or Remote Party ID Header support.

see ser-oob.cfg

    # if an optional AVP 'asserted_id' is set we insert an RPID header
    if ($asserted_id) {
        xlset_attr("$rpidheader", "<sip:%$asserted_id@%@ruri.host>;screen=yes");
        replace_attr_hf("Remote-Party-ID", "$rpidheader");
    }

you would just need to update the formatting string and the header field name.

-jiri